Spinach Banana Smoothie With Dried Spinach Powder
- 1 ripe banana (medium-sized)
- 1 tsp Greek yogurt (regular, firm, low cal curd will do as well. Just make sure it’s not sour)
- 1 tsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tsp organic honey
- 1 tsp dried spinach powder.
- Blend all of the above to a fine, smooth consistency and you have a yummy green smoothie in 5 minutes.
- 1 tall glass, good for one person.
I believe in consuming my health food and drink fresh and therefore haven’t tried chilling the smoothie or preserving it for later use. If you do try, I would love to hear from you in the comments.
Here is another simple spinach powder recipe that I tried at an evening with some friends that came home for dinner. Served it with fresh vegetables , but it went well with nachos too. A perfect hors d’oeuvre accompaniment.
Tofu Spinach Dip With Dried Spinach Powder
- ½ organic Tofu slab – medium firm and drained
- 2 tsps dried spinach powder
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tbsps lemon juice
- ¼ yellow onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsps nutritional yeast
- Pepper to taste
Add tofu and all the other ingredients to the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. It took me under 10 minutes to get this Tofu and Spinach dip done, thanks to the dried spinach powder.
- 2-3 cups.
I am looking forward to trying out more recipes where I can substitute fresh spinach with dried Spinach Powder and will post them soon (if they turn out well!!)
In the meantime, if you want to buy dried organic Spinach Powder, you can head to one amongst the top hotels near Chennai Airport :